Procter and Gamble Company – Oxnard, CA
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
We are seeking a highly motivated leader who will make a difference building the Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) capability and systems while improving HS&E results. In this role you will provide Health, Safety, and Environmental leadership and support to Oxnard Paper Plant Procter and Gamble (P&G) site via technical mastery and site-specific coaching. This role is key to delivering the Family Care Business Unit HS&E business objectives, including benchmark personnel safety results, adherence to all laws and regulations, and continuing HS&E education for this role. The successful individual will build site HS&E capability to meet P&G expectations, lead various action plan focus items, and implement regulatory compliance programs. The individual will provide site single point of contact leadership, including training and qualifying site resources to develop their mastery. The individual selected must come with in-depth technical mastery of HS&E systems and work processes and is expected to grow capability in other HS&E areas while in the role.
Focus areas include, but are not limited to
- Program improvements and management of the HS&E systems (ie. Environmental – air, water, waste management systems, Other Environmental System, Process Safety, Machine Safety, and Industrial Hygiene)
- Data analysis, trending, and identifying key improvement areas, including making efficient use of the new HS&E database systems
- Training and capability building via content and/or structure changes
- Development of HS&E programs and systems
- Coaching of site HS&E resources (full time technicians and system owners)
- Key customers are the Family Care Business Lead Team, Oxnard Site Lead Team Corporate HS&E resources and Oxnard Site HS&E resources
- You will gain a deeper understanding of HS&E across all disciplines and how they fit with other key areas of the business
- Within this role, you will gain experience working in a P&G facility and across Family Care business unit
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Occupational Safety/Bachelor Degree in Occupational Health and Safety Management/Environmental Engineering/Chemical Engineering/ Industrial Engineering.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience within Health, Safety, and Environmental
- Ability to lead and implement a major improvement across a broad/diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to problem solve, analyze, redesign and implement plans.
- Experience implementing and interpreting Environmental systems and regulations
- Background with manufacturing plants is preferred
- Understanding of HS&E systems and work processes
- Interpret legal regulations and standards
- Familiar with California Air and Water Regulations
- Strong Leadership Skills – Ability to lead and implement a major improvement across a broad/diverse range of stakeholders
- Able to work effectively with autonomy and lead groups to drive improvements
- Able to evaluate HS&E needs, develop action plans
- Able to energize site resources
- Able to influence plant leadership and direction, and lead work successfully with internal and external resources
- Strong Communication and Collaboration Skills – Ability to communicate action plans, strategies, and help requests to the right people with the appropriate sense of urgency to drive action. Successful experience working across different internal and external organizations (plant resources, engineering, site and Business Unit leadership, regional and corporate teams, legal, and external agencies) to drive change. Experience adjusting your level of detail, presentation style, and decision criteria to the audience.
- Strong Technical Mastery – Demonstrated technical mastery in HS&E disciplines and demonstrated success of applying these skills in one or more manufacturing sites. Ability to learn additional mastery skills across other HS&E disciplines and ability to coach others in your area of expertise.
- Innovates for Growth – Ability to analyze, innovate, and deliver breakthrough results around metrics and key performance indicators. Can understand existing programs and systems and provide innovative ways to deliver improved content.
- Grows Capability – Role requires effective coaching and development of site and other Business Unit leaders across all areas of HS&E expertise.
- Focus Externally – Ability and experience to benchmark other programs, internally and externally, and reapply best practices to drive improvements in delivering information (data, training, etc.).
- Program Management – Experience in regulatory program and compliance management, interpreting regulatory requirements, and developing solutions to meet those requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of the HS&E regulatory requirement is a plus.
- Travel is expected to be 5-10% of the role.
- Flow to the work in other Family Care sites will occur on occasion.