Corrpro is seeking an experienced Industrial Construction Safety Manager to add to the San Diego or Santa Fe Springs, California team.
Corrpro, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is a corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.com.
- Develop, implement, administer, and assess company-wide occupational health and safety programs.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices. Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections and audit physical conditions and safe work practices and procedures.
- Monitor the safety and health regulatory agenda and provide advice on new regulations implementation. Includes California Code of Regulations, Federal OSHA, and DOT.
- Prepare and conduct annual audits required by the company, and applicable clients, and industry associations. Assist other Regional Safety Managers.
- Deliver safety training as a subject matter expert and assist with new employee’s orientation. Chair health and safety meetings, webinars, monthly committees, etc.
- Work closely with regional management, supervisors, frontline workers, and customers to identify and correct unsafe conditions or work practices.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret, leading and lagging indicators. Prepare recommendations to eliminate or mitigate risk.
- Conduct incident investigations, prepare reports, and work with multidisciplinary teams to identify learnings and implement required actions.
- Administer the PPE and safety equipment programs.
- Prepare compliance summaries, identify opportunities, and provide recommendations.
- Steward safety suggestions, concerns, and complaints evaluation and resolution.
- Participate in pre-qualification surveys, projects planning, and post project reviews.
- Assist with completion of client’s surveys and develop project specific safety plans.
- Manage the company and client driven databases.
- Work actively with clients and project teams to mitigate projects safety risk
- Participate in safety and health professional organizations to stay up to date about the regulatory landscape developments.
- Work with the DOT manager and operations to maintain fleet safety. Monitor driving statistics to address opportunities and revise the driving program as needed.
- Maintain Safety and Health permits required for the continued operation of the company.
- Administer the regional leading indicators program and work with the company safety team to identify trends and actions to prevent serious injuries and fatalities.
- Administer the local safety incentive program
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of safety experience in Construction, Oil and Gas, Utilities, Chemical, or Manufacturing industries. Other combinations of experience and degrees might be considered.
- Interpersonal skills to work with different organizational levels and interest to work in a diverse environment.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills to address diverse levels in the organization
- Strong time management and analytical skills
- Experience creating reports and delivering presentations to frontline workers and management using a variety of technologies and software.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining to occupational safety and health.
- Experience in research, analysis, and implementation of industry standards, and best practices.
- Experience managing safety related databases
- Must be able to work in the field between 30% to 50% of the time visiting office local sites, California regional sites, and out of the State sites and company offices as needed.
- Available to be on-call after business hours.
- Must possess a valid CA driver’s license.
- 3 years of Safety Manager experience in project-based organizations
- OSHA 510 and 511 Trainer, First Aid CPR Trainer and Defensive Driver Trainer
- Industry certifications (e.g., ASP, CSP, CIH, CHST, CIT)
Our Company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Annual Bonus Potential, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.