California Dairies – Tipton, CA
The Safety Manager will oversee and maintain the company safety and training programs for assigned locations. Includes, but not limited to Process Safety Management, Risk Management Plan (RMP/Cal-ARP) records and training, Cal-O.S.H.A required safety training and documentation, Forklift driver evaluations and licensing, hazard alert distribution and tracking, Lock Out/Tag Out programs, perform safety audits, assure Contractor Safety compliance, and conduct new hire safety orientations. Support and enforce SQF / QA, GMP, Safety policies and procedures, and production needs. “Food Safety and Quality” are the responsibilities of this position.
What you will bring (Qualifications)
A Bachelor of Science Degree, and four years of experience in a leadership role is desired. Absent the desired degree in Dairy or Food Science, additional dairy manufacturing experience, particularly in a leadership role involving safety and Cal-OSHA training may be considered.
- College level verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership, team development, coaching, and/or teaching experience.
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills
- Ability to self-direct work to a timely completion
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Basic computational skills required.
- Simple math reasoning required.
What we provide
California Dairies, Inc. is the leading dairy processing cooperative in California. As a farmer-owned cooperative, we operate several processing facilities located throughout California. CDI employees are highly valued and are provided competitive benefits packages and career growth plans.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- family medical/dental/vision
- retirement plans
- paid holidays
- paid vacation
- tuition reimbursement
- loss prevention and safety bonus programs
To apply please refer to https://www.californiadairies.com/careers for the full job description.