Sika – Riverside, CA
Join Sika, a global company established in 1910. Sika is a leading supplier of specialty chemical products and industrial materials serving construction and industrial markets. With subsidiaries in 100 countries around the world and in over 300 factories, Sika employs more than 25,000 people.
Sika is a full building envelope company, helping you live your everyday life from below-grade waterproofing all the way up to the roof. From the Staples Center to the Lincoln Memorial to the Empire State Building to Disneyland, Sika is extremely integrated in the world around us.
Sika is a continually growing company with a variety of locations that offers opportunity to advance through career development. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Keep Management apprised of developments in federal and state EH&S laws and regulations.
- Monitor new state regulations that could impact Sika Corporation and notify the Corporate EHS.
- Become the main point of contact for West Coast state regulations for Sika Corporation. Monitor, Interpret and suggest strategies for compliance.
- Develop, organize, administer, and track West Coast Safety Training Programs. Assist facilities in the implementation of monthly training programs.
- Communicate safety-related issues through memos, safety newsletters, on-site meetings, and through the disbursement of relevant publications.
- Chairman plant Environmental Health & Safety Steering Committee
Injury & Illness Prevention
- Assist facilities in Near Miss, and Accident Investigation root cause analysis. Work with facilities to implement corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Work with the West Coast site managers on creating programs to reduce the waste generation
- Ensure the proper handling and storage of the generated waste, meeting any legal requirements
- Maintain a regular contact with the corporate EHS team to report any required data or information
- Be involved and support Plant Manager with any internal and external EHS related audits,
- Centralize communication with regulatory agencies, scheduling of inspections and all the reporting
MSDS and Product Labeling Programs
- Manage Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) library for West Coast raw materials, developing new ones and maintaining the existing ones.
- Distributing labels, MSDSs and product warning information / data to outsider
- Insure a proper electronic access to the MSDS for each department
- Support the West Coast plant managers with the acquisition of EHS supplies
- Manage the EHS accounts for the West Coast, seeking for cost-reduction opportunities in order to meet the budget
- Any project or task that the management assigns
Skills You’ll Need
- BS or advanced degree in environmental, industrial or chemical engineering, or related field.
- Certified Professional Health & Safety status (ASP, CSP, IH, EIT, PE, CHSP, etc.) preferred
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Project Management experience
- Good knowledge of SAP
- Experience working in a Union environment preferred
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and driven towards continuous improvement.
- Travel is required