Preferred Employers Insurance Company began operations in San Diego, California in 1998. The company provides workers’ compensation insurance for a wide variety of industries. Our goal is to provide our customers with a stable and reliable workers’ compensation insurance product regardless of market cycles. We are dedicated to being the preferred workers’ compensation insurance solution for California businesses.
A great opportunity to join the Preferred Employers dynamic team as a working leader of our Risk Advisor (Safety/Loss Prevention) operations. While we have offices in San Diego & Walnut Creek, the field-focused nature of this role does allow for a remote/home based work location. Come join our innovative, inclusive, and collaborative team!
The Manager, Safety & Health will be responsible for managing and evaluating all safety & health service functions provided by the Risk Advisor staff to eliminate or reduce exposures to loss. Assists in the marketing of safety consultative services and company products in conjunction with company marketing objectives and goals.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages and coordinates assignment of Risk Advisor services, monitors consultation services provided to customers, provide support to staff to meet their responsibilities.
- Conducts performance reviews and makes salary recommendations for staff.
- Directs and provides consultative services to association customers to support Risk Advisor functions.
- Coordinates and participates in the planning and execution of workshops, seminars and meetings for customers or potential customers to develop new business for the company.
- Maintains regular communication relative to pertinent issues with other department staff and other appropriate company personnel.
- Maintains an understanding of laws, rules and regulations affecting the insurance mechanism relative to the services provided by the company.
- Analyzes staff development needs/monitors staff development & training.
- Keeps informed of innovative risk-mitigation approaches, new consultative tools and equipment used to address industry injury trends, then develops relative services to assist customers.
- Makes regular visits to existing and prospective customers for marketing purposes, as requested.
- Provides overall management leadership for the company and department.
- Will immediately report all harassing or inappropriate behavior to Human Resources.
- 4-year degree in safety, engineering or other technical curriculum or an Association level college degree with one of more of the following professional designations:
- Associate in Loss Control Management (ALCM),
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM),
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP),
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP),
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- 5+ years related experience that includes workers’ compensation coverage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and timeliness of work.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff.
- Proficient with MS Office software.
Additional Company Details
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Must be fully vaccinated and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.*