Safesite is looking for a Bilingual Risk Control Consultant in California. This person will be responsible for the development, implementation, ongoing monitoring, and continuous improvement of Safesite’s Safety Success and risk management programs. Reporting to the Head of Safety Success, this role will ultimately be responsible for ensuring safety services are deployed effectively to Safesite customers and improving safety performance.
By capturing critical safety and risk data from the frontline workers in high-risk class codes, Safesite is able to accurately predict and help customers prevent workplace injuries. 4,000 US companies use the Safesite app and desktop portal on a daily basis to facilitate OSHA compliance activities, drive safety engagement, and dramatically reduce incidents and claim frequency. Safesite brings an advanced digital solution to the traditional loss control model.
Check out our website here.
Primary Responsibilities will include
- Provides customer service to key accounts to improve overall risk exposure
- Works with the business development team to attract and appoint commercial insurance brokers and their policyholders.
- Clearly communicates value and expectations to clients and peers, and aligns prospective clients with defined safety protocols.
- Consults with clients and prospects with loss prevention and risk analysis intended to positively impact their loss ratio and premium levels.
- Conducts loss analyses to help identify where potential problems stem from outside of the basic cause of recurring losses.
- Develops plans and materials required to achieve successful implementation of risk programs.
- Implements loss reduction plans to minimize accounts loss by applying research and trends from loss history and claims analysis.
- Makes recommendations and develops programs for alleviating hazardous conditions, or potential loss for clients.
- Surveys locations, equipment, operations, and safety practices and prepares reports that identify potential hazards and related underwriting risks.
- Define and coordinate regular safety performance reviews with customer safety stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations which pertain to loss control.
- Provides guidance to junior staff, especially on a project basis.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed.
Services will include a wide range of conventional safety consultancy as well as technology-driven initiatives primarily delivered via the Safesite platform. The ideal candidate is an expert in commercial workers compensation programs, risk evaluation, and industry best practices and has extensive construction or agricultural experience. In addition, the successful candidate will be instrumental in establishing and supporting, from a safety success perspective, insurance service operations which include risk management and control.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Previous Broker or Carrier experience desired
- Advanced knowledge of Workers Compensation exposures, best practices, and related risks
- Ability to collaborate with and present to C-level executives, strategic insurance buyers, and technical experts
- ASP, CSP, ARM, or other professional designation preferred
- A high degree of tech awareness. Experience with digital solutions is a plus
- Experience in risk management consulting and claims management with commercial workers compensation insurance stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multilingual including English and Spanish (strongly preferred)
- Industry-leading career development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual Learning and Development stipend