Location Wonderful Citrus – Delano, CA
Under general direction, the Senior Director-Environmental, Health and Safety will have responsibility for the development, communication, implementation, and monitoring of the environmental, health and safety programs/systems for the entire Wonderful Citrus Operational footprint (Mexico, Texas and California). To ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; be the subject matter expert for internal and external matters relating to occupational safety and environmental related concerns and for setting the strategic vision for EH&S for all Wonderful Citrus as well as performing related duties as required.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Provides vision, leadership, and technical expertise in the areas of occupational safety; advise management on loss control and risk reduction strategies; provide consultation and technical assistance.
- Responsible and accountable for assisting in the preparation, submission, and documentation of all EPA and OSHA Reporting Requirements, up to but not limited to OSHA 300 Log, MS Hazardous Waste Generators Annual Report, and MS Air Emissions Annual Inventory Report
- Responsible for assisting and ensuring the timely completion and accurate submission of all incidents reporting to the Management team
- Tracks and provides insight into common issues, trends, problems, and opportunities to reduce losses and incident costs; maintain information and performance measurement systems to ensure that loss information is tracked and effectively communicated.
- Develops, conducts/oversees and supervises EHS Training, including external regulatory and internal management programs
- Responsible for the approval and procurement of EHS for Waste Characterization and Disposal, PPE, Noise Testing, Training Resources, and any other Environmental, Health, and Safety vendors as required.
- Oversees all OSHA-recordable and environmental incident investigations for all Wonderful Citrus Operations.
- Ensures required regulatory training is conducted, documented and attendance records maintained for all employees
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies and outside vendors as necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Identifies and implements global best practices.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable corporate, federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Reviews internal EHS policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate, and that training and documentation is properly completed for all Wonderful Citrus EHS.
- Liaises with The Wonderful Company EH&S to ensure that practices, policies and resources are fully utilized across the Wonderful Citrus organization.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety or related field.
- +10 years of relevant occupational safety experience in a large organization with regional responsibility.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge Environmental & Occupational Safety Management Systems such as OHSAS 18001 or OSHA’s VPP and their implementation.
- Has previous experience in developing and accessing companies against an Environmental & Occupational Safety Management System such as ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 or OSHA VPP.
- Consistently demonstrates strong interpersonal skills along with ability to influence and/or persuade others.
- Ability to understand and interpret written material, including technical information, rules, regulations, agency rules, executive orders and laws; conduct tests and inspect work areas, machinery, equipment and working conditions for compliance with occupational safety, environmental and security regulations.
- Requires the ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE); meet physical demands of position such as walking, standing, lifting up to 40 pounds, climbing ladders and stairs, bending, squatting, and crawling in tight spaces to safely access work sites.
- Requires a sound knowledge of relevant federal regulations for industry: EPA, OSHA, DOT, NFPA, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative analytical skills.
- Requires leadership and interpersonal skills necessary to be effective with a wide range of personnel; ability to work effectively in teams and independently.
- Requires a working knowledge of budget preparation and management.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have experience in creating reports/updates and delivering presentations to executive leadership.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Desirable Qualifications Experience
- Designation as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, Certified Safety & Health Manager (CSHM), by the Institute of Safety & Health Management, or possession of other applicable certification.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program* – $1,500 per exempt referral; $500 per non-exempt referral. *Taxes applicable
- Full benefits package – Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)